Standard Team Match
This is a standard Laserforce mission. The players are divided into two teams, red and green, and wear correspondingly coloured battlesuits. Players should only zap players of the opposite colour, as there may be a penalty for zapping a fellow team member. Players have unlimited shots and unlimited lives, thus it is not possible for players to be eliminated from the mission prior to the scheduled mission end time.
When zapped, a player is deactivated for six to eight seconds. During this time, the player’s phaser is inactive, but the player can still be zapped, so seeking a safe hiding place is necessary. At the end of this down time, the player is reactivated and may return to the action.
Bonus points are awarded for destroying in-field targets. To destroy an in-field target, the player must zap it three times in a row without missing or being zapped themselves. Opposite colour (enemy) and neutral in-field targets may be destroyed, while identical colour (friendly) in-field targets should be defended from the opposing team.
Special points are accumulated by zapping other players and destroying the in-field targets. Special points are required to activate some of the advanced special abilities available in this mission. See the separate special abilities listing for a detailed list of the special abilities available.
Warbots may be friendly, enemy or neutral, depending on their colour. Enemy and neutral Warbots may be zapped for bonus points, but beware, they will return fire. Friendly Warbots should not be zapped as this counts as zapping a team member. Warbots cannot be missiled.
Once a player zaps a Warbot a number of times, the Warbot becomes that player’s servant for one minute. During this time, the Warbot will not try to zap its master, and any points or special points scored by the Warbot are awarded to the controlling player.
Each player can only control each Warbot once.
After deactivating an opponent, a player cannot zap that same opponent again unless either: the opponent reactivates, the player zaps someone else, or the player activates a “Reset” special ability.
- Special abilities become available only as the player increases their skill level. It is not possible for a player to change skill levels during a mission.
- Each time a special ability is used, the requirements for it increase making it more difficult to obtain or more expensive to use the next time.
- A high level player may need to zap a low level player up to three times before they are deactivated.
- High level players are more vulnerable to being zapped while deactivated.
- The “Missile” and “Nuke” special abilities affect only those opponents who are of a high enough level to possess the same ability.
- Low level players are unable to zap their own team members. High level players can, but receive a warning tone instead of a lock-on tone when targeting. The penalty for zapping a team member is loss of points and deactivation. The zapped player is not affected in any way
Recommended mission length: 7.5 minutes.
Skill levels: The standard six skill levels are implemented. See separate skill levels listing for a detailed list of skill levels.
|Zap opponent||100 + 10 x level diff.||1|
|Zap own team||-50||-|
|Missile Opponent||500 + 100 x level diff.||2|
|Missile Own Team||-250||-|
|Destroy in-field target||1001||5|
|Take control of Warbot||500||-|